Liver disease is a relatively common
problem in dogs with the occasional case reported
in cats. Nutritional support is crucial for dogs
suffering from liver diseases. Royal Canin Hepatic
is a highly palatable, complete solution for the
dietary support of liver function in dogs suffering
from chronic liver disease and insufficiency.
Royal Canin Hepatic has been formulated
for adult dogs suffering from liver disease to:
The Liver is an essential organ in the body and has
many functions, some of these include:
- Provide energy and nutrients to support the
pet and its liver function.
- Provide the nutrients needed for the repair
of liver cells.
- Reduce the toxins produced by metabolism of
- Limit the absorption of toxins from the large
In order to maintain these vital functions while
a dog is suffering from liver disease, Royal Canin
- Nutrient digestion and metabolism of:
- Certain vitamins and minerals.
- Neutralizing and excreting toxins.
- The blood and clotting system.
- Hormone balance.
Royal Canin Hepatic includes special ingredients
to meet the specific needs of your pet:
- A high energy density.
- A moderately restricted level of high quality
- A moderately restricted fat content.
- Highly digestible complex carbohydrates.
- Increased levels of soluble and insoluble dietary
- Increased zinc content.
- Restricted copper content.
- Moderately restricted sodium content.
- Enhanced levels of B-complex vitamins.
- A specific, patented antioxidant complex.
- Low Copper. Accumulation of copper in liver cells
leads to liver damage. Hepatic diet contains a low
level of copper, limiting copper intake.
- Antioxidant Complex. The synergistic antioxidant
complex (vitamin E, vitamin C, taurine, lutein)
neutralizes free radicals and helps support the
health of liver cells.
- Electrolyte Balance. A limited sodium intake helps
to decrease hypertension (high blood pressure) in
the liver and so limits the risk of ascites (fluid
accumulation in the abdominal cavity).
- High Energy. Energy is provided by fat. This enables
dietary proteins to be used for regeneration of
liver cells and reduces the workload on the liver
needed to purify products of protein metabolism.
Dogs suffering from liver diseases can be kept
on Royal Canin Hepatic for the duration of their
lives. For more information on Royal Canin's Veterinary
Diets, visit www.royalcanin.co.za.
Article written by:
Michelle Christie (Royal Canin)
AVAILABLE ONLY FROM VETERINARIANS !!